Study Abroad

Study Abroad

Discuss about study abroad program directory with study abroad information including summer study abroad programs, study abroad scholarship information, internship study abroad programs & language study abroad courses. Read student reviews and blogs. Check out our student guide, articles, and videos

Passport realted FAQ

Q1: The applicant is staying at Bangalore for the last two years and permanent address is in Kerala. Can he/she endorse his/her permanent address instead of present address in the passport?
A: Only the present address will be endorsed on the passport and not the permanent address.
Q2: I have stayed at three different addresses during last one year. Will the police verification be done at all the places?
A: Yes. The police verification will be done at all the three addresses where the applicant has resided in the last one year.
Q3: While applying for fresh passport, the applicant mentions his paying guest address as present address in the application form. If the applicant shifts to another address before police verification, what should he/she do?
A: He/She should intimate the Department In charge of Police Station.
Q4: I am a self employed person and have recently shifted to Bangalore from Delhi. I want to apply for passport on Tatkaal basis, but I don't have any address proof. What should I do?
A: It is mandatory to submit proof of address to apply for passport.
For Proof of Address attach one of the following documents:
  • Water/Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)/Electricity bill/Statement of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)/Income Tax Assessment Order/Election Commission Photo Id card/Gas connection bill/Certificate from Employer of reputed and widely known companies on letter head.
  • Spouse's passport copy (Pages mentioning personal particulars including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse's passport)
  • Parent's passport copy, in case of minors (Pages mentioning personal particulars)
  • Applicant's current and valid ration card
  • Aadhaar Card
  • Registered Rent Agreement (for a period of more than one year)
Note: If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.
Q5: A mentally retarded person wants to go to abroad for treatment. He does not have any address proof. Will he be able to get passport? If yes, then what is the procedure?
A: The applicant has to apply for passport and submit parent's/legal guardian's address proof along with his/her date of birth proof. Passport would be granted to the applicant subject to approval of Competent Authority. Assistant Passport Officer's /RPO/ CPV Division.